Monday, June 14, 2010

Four days of Utah fun

Wow. This trip to visit my family was extra jam packed with activity. I hardly had time for eating, sleeping, or showering...

I went thrift store shopping and found a super cute shirt and pair of shorts,

ate at a restaurant I had never been Eggs in the City
and had an amazing veggie-stuffed omlet,

enjoyed the sun at Sugarhouse park (you should see my tan line),

had fun visiting and catching up with my mom,
and sisters about their jobs and life in general,

Made us breakfast, then took my little sister shopping at the Mall

to find a cute outfit to celebrate her birthday, very belated,

did some body decorating henna with two of my sisters in celebration of being together and for our upcoming race,




went rock climbing,

caught up with some friends from high school Ashley who was cute and 9 months pregnant and Chrissy who I hadn't seen in years,

ran a 5K with Aprielle, and




cheered on my sister Clarissa running her marathon,


and my parents in their half marathon,





AND right before getting dropped off at the airport I helped my brother move his things into his new house.


Phew...



I loved it. The first day was the most relaxing. I hung out with my sister Aprielle until she had to get back working to get a paper turned in on time. I didn't realize how busy I would be. I had a fantastic time though.

We had a crazy rainy rock climbing adventure I'll have to post about after I get the pictures from my sister. I brought my camera, but forgot the memory chip, and found precious pictures of the kids I didn't know I had and didn't want to delete. So I took pictures with my phone, and everyone around me took pictures... Just not accessible to me right now.


When I got back to Portland I was really looking forward to Sunday sleeping in, and enjoying some down time. My husband was excited to get out so we met up with one of the guys he works with, and his wife and children and went hiking to the Menagerie Wilderness. We got home with just enough time for some serious chilling. It was a wonderful long weekend, and I was glad to be back to work so that I could relax a little bit. :)

No comments: