Thursday, November 4, 2010

Grapefruit Sugar Scrub

This is a body scrub that you can easily make at home, and mostly with ingredients you already have. I promised my sister I would post this recipe. I gave her half of my first batch, and we both loved it, and are now both out. I love how easy it is to make.

The recipe:

1 1/2 C Sugar
8 drops Grapefruit essential oil (not really needed if you have scented castile soap, and no essential oil)
1/4 C Jojoba Oil **
1/4 C castile soap (scented or unscented)

Slowly add each ingredient in, thoroughly stirring in before adding the next.

If you have especially dry skin you can add 1-3 teaspoons of raw honey, and use slightly less than 1/4 C castile soap

**Jojoba is the best, it is most similar to our bodies natural oils, but sweet almond, grapeseed or Olive oil work as well. I used olive oil this time around because that is what we have at the moment, and my skin was feeling extra dry.

No comments: