Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Autumn

I love autumn. I think this is the first year that for whatever reason I was looking forward to the transition to autumn. I also love the word Autumn. I vow to never say Fall again.

Things I love about autumn:
Knitting. I have developed a new passion for knitting. Hats and scarves is what I am starting out with, but the possibilities are endless.
Autumn food. Squash, soup, pumpkin bars. I love cooking and having the aroma fill the entire house. I love trying out new recipes.
Reading. There is nothing better than curling up with a husband, a blanket, and a book. Currently I am reading Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck. A great read.
Going for Walks. The weather is crisp and sunny, and perfect to wear a comfy jacket.
Autumn Leaves. The colors are so magnificent. It is so fun to see the trees get all dressed up for the season, as if going out to a fancy dance.
Socks. I didn't wear sock for the entire summer, with only one exception I can think of. That being hiking where there was snow and glaciers. I greatly under appreciated socks. Socks are comfy and warm, and just the right addition to a crisp autumn day.

2 comments:

chanel said...

Autumn is my favorite season for these same reasons. I am a knitter now to. Maybe someday we can knit together.

Darby said...

That sounds great, I look forward to knitting with you!