Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I had a wonderful Holiday season, I hope you did as well. The best Christmas in my adult life, (you just can't beat the excitement of being a kid at Christmas...) and by waaaay far one of the best New Years of my entire life. Previously New Years has often involved being bored, stood up, or dumped.... so it was a welcome change. Although last year's New Year was pretty great as well.

For Christmas it was just me and Joey. Although we really missed the kids, it was wonderful to be together, and we got to talk to them on the phone.
We had originally decided to not do presents, then that turned into only little presents. Needless to say I was very surprised to get these earrings and earring and necklace stand... Not really a small gift, but something I had really, really, really been wanting. I adore my wonderful husband!







My parents sent us some really great gifts. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful loving parents. Thanks Mom and Dad!


Peach Jam?! Sweet! I thought it was going to be a candle or something...





We can always use nice mugs, especially ones this big!



For Joey I made ornament with pictures of us and the kids, and a picture of us at the beach on our wedding day.





I also gave him (among other things) a I'll make you apple pie coupon, and his very own pie pan. He loves his apple pie and I love making things for him. He knows how much work it is to make good apple pie, rather than just quick and easy apple crisp, so I gave him this coupon. (And immediately he was ready for me to make apple pie!)






For New Years we went out for dinner. We hadn't got out for dinner in ages so it felt very special. We had appetizers, margaritas, and dinner. We had planned to go to a movie but I decided I would be able to stay awake, so we headed home to take a nap, vowing to wake up for the count down to midnight. We woke up for a few minutes and said happy new year, then promptly fell back to sleep... It was completely wonderful.



(I'll have to post pictures later, they are on Joey's phone and I haven't figured out how to transfer them to my computer yet...)

No comments: