Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Smith Rock Sunrise Classic

This weekend I ran the Smith Rock Sunrise Classic 10k. We drove in late Friday night, and camped at Smith Rock State Park. I woke up with eager anticipation of the coming morning, wondering if it was time to get up yet.


I figured my 10k time would be about double my 5k time. It was hot, and the last two miles were uphill which was challenging, so I wasn't expecting a great time, but I made it exactly to the minute I predicted. I was happy with that. And I can't wait until my next race!


After my race we went camping at Lava Lake. It was wonderful. The perfect way to unwind after my first 10k. Saturday we napped, and set up camp and generally enjoyed ourselves. Sunday we hiked a few miles to nearby lakes.









As a side note I wore my comfy, sturdy, non plastic flip flops hiking, and got comments about how the (very flat) hike must have been hard wearing them... My wonderful husband pointed out that I had just run a 10k and could handle the terrain. Why is it some people believe only hiking boots are appropriate for hiking? I don't understand...




We are looking foward to the kids visit soon. I will keep you posted! They will get here the 19th.

No comments: